Drunk streaked at football match on live TV after getting excited seeing his mates again

Aaron Gould had downed ‘eight or nine beers’ together with his friends (Image: Robert Santonna/BNPS)

Our free email newsletter sends you the biggest headlines from news, sport and showbiz

Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy noticeInvalid Email

A man drunkenly streaked at a non-league football match after getting excited about seeing his friends for the first time after lockdown.

Aaron Gould had downed 'eight or nine beers' with his mates before he interrupted the match between Weymouth and Halifax Town on December 5.

The game was one of the first to have fans back in the stadium following the easing of Covid-19 restrictions.

In the second half a shirtless Gould hurdled a barrier at the side of the pitch and ran onto the playing area.

He performed a cartwheel on the pitch and caused the match to be paused by the referee, before being intercepted by stewards and later arrested by police.

Aaron Gould performed a cartwheel on the pitch and caused the match to be paused by the referee
(Image: Robert Santonna/BNPS)

Read More
Related Articles

  • Woman smashed wine bottle over best pal's head after accusing her of sex with boyfriend

Read More
Related Articles

  • Couple fined for breaking Covid rules by sneaking woman in Barbados hotel for threesome

The game was being broadcast live on BT Sport and Gould, who recently applied to join the Royal Navy, has been told he 'made a fool out of himself on TV.'

Appearing at Weymouth Magistrates Court in Dorset, he pleaded guilty to going onto the playing area at a football match.

Andrew Newman, prosecuting, said: "It was the first match after lockdown and the match was broadcast on national television, namely on BT Sport.

"At 6.50pm in the evening, officers saw a male enter the pitch. He removed his top and ran around topless on the pitch. He left the pitch and was detained by security staff.

"He identified himself as Aaron Gould and he was arrested for going onto the pitch."

Gould, appearing at court unrepresented, told magistrates the incident was a 'spur of the moment thing'.

Weymouth Magistrates Court
(Image: SomersetLiveWS)

Read More
Related Articles

  • Judge reads junior doctor's heartbreaking note to Covidiot lockdown protester

Read More
Related Articles

  • Teen girl stole mum's car then mowed down ex and four others after 'jealous rage'

He said: "We had come out of lockdown and I had not seen my friends for a while and it was simply a foolish mistake.

"I had too many drinks and it was a spur of the moment thing and I didn't realise the consequences.

"I apologise to the football club and everyone on the day. I don't want to jeopardise my future and I am looking to join the Navy.

"It was a foolish mistake at the time. I was with my friends and I was intoxicated, and I thought it would be funny but it wasn't."

Magistrates issued Gould with a three-year football banning order and handed him a 12-month conditional discharge.

He must also pay a victim surcharge of £22 and costs of £85.

Sentencing him, the chairman of the bench said: "You said so yourself that this was a stupid act that you carried out and obviously influenced by having too much alcohol.

"It is really compounded by the fact that so many people in this country have been looking forward to going to football matches and you in some respect were privileged to go along to that match.

"You abused what many people regard as a privilege.

"On top of that, not only did you make a fool of yourself, you made a fool out of yourself on national TV."

You may also like...