Guest at banned ‘Come Dine With Me’ event in Covid hotspot ‘can’t wait’ for next one
Video LoadingVideo UnavailableClick to playTap to playThe video will start in8CancelPlay now
Get our daily coronavirus email newsletter with all the news you need to know direct to your inbox
Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy noticeInvalid Email
A women who sparked an angry backlash by taking part in a "Come Dine With Me" party for six during lockdown says another one is already planned.
Organisers of the Saturday night party were labelled "selfish" while the event itself was branded an "utter disgrace" for breaching the coronavirus restrictions.
Police descended on the scene in Hull to break up the bash as it is illegal in the UK to meet up with people from other households in an indoor setting since November 5.
But despite causing an outcry on social media for their decision to hold the event, at one of their homes in the Orchard Park area of the city, one of the group brazenly admitted to planning another similar event, Hull Live reports.
Jodelle Demoulpied defended the bash saying: "Like the caption says we're doing Come Dine With Me so the single ones ain't at home on their own. No parties about it.
Police stormed the illegal dinner party on Saturday
Coronavirus briefing newsletter – a daily update with everything you need to know
Christmas survey – tell us what you think about three households forming bubbles
"Can't wait for Come Dine With Me number four next week."
Trying to battle a wave of criticism, she added: "I'll go around seeing the people I love most. Thanks for the advice tho but it's not welcome here."
The gathering was uncovered after Jodelle, who is understood to be one of those to take part, shared a picture of the group huddled together.
A picture of an invite with a caption reading "Come dine with me crew coming for you.. 2 new members 2 day benders!" was also posted on social media.
"Abi Bradford, Jodelle Demoulpied, Delee Tuttle and your host Brooke Fairburn" were listed on the invite.
Two people not listed Shawnee Tasker and Paige Dyson – were tagged in the photo.
A printed invite was also made up ahead of the event by organiser Brooke Fairburn
Three households allowed to celebrate Christmas together under new UK rules
When contacted by Hull Live, attendee Paige Dyson initially said it was from "last year" before confirming that it was her name tagged in the photo.
She added: "I'd love to be spending my Sunday mornings trying to work… But I'm waiting on my big fat breakfast because I am rough."
Meanwhile, Jodelle Demoulpied told social media critics: "You worry about yourself and I'll worry about myself."
Host Brooke initially called the allegations "a load of s***" and said "it was before lockdown", but did not respond further when faced with an image of the invitation with her name on.
The other attendees did not respond to requests for comment.
Humberside Police said the women were "very cooperative" when officers arrived to break up the event.
The 'Come Dine With Me' event is currently illegal under coronavirus rules (stock image)
(Image: Getty Images)
They left the property "without the need for enforcement", which can come with a fine of up to £10,000.
In a statement, a spokeswoman for the force said: "Officers attended a property on York Road, Hull just before 9.30pm on Saturday 21 November, following a report of a group breaching the Covid-19 regulations surrounding gatherings and people mixing.
"Upon attendance, our officers followed the approach of engaging with the group, explaining the regulations and encouraging them to follow them. The women at the property were very cooperative and left the property without the need for enforcement.
"It is absolutely critical that everyone continues to follow the regulations set out to keep people safe and stop the spread of the virus.
"If you do witness any clear breaches of the Covid-regulations, these can be reported by calling our non-emergency number 101."
On Tuesday the Government three households will be able to bubble together for Christmas between December 23 and 27 inclusive, in a festive relaxation of the coronavirus rules.
The five-day Christmas exemption will supersede the new tier restrictions coming in on December 2, which ban households from mixing indoors in Tier 2 and 3 areas.
The rules allow families to travel across the whole of the UK during this period, regardless of the tier they live in.
The new rules will apply in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland – all of which are currently under separate coronavirus restrictions. However there are some variations per nation.
People can form a fixed bubble with two other households, which cannot change during the Christmas period.