Family of teenager Harry Dunn lose legal challenge against the Foreign Office

Harry Dunn died in August last year (Image: PA)

Our free email newsletter sends you the biggest headlines from news, sport and showbiz

Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy noticeInvalid Email

The family of teenager Harry Dunn have lost their High Court legal challenge against the Foreign Office.

Harry, 19, died when his motorbike crashed into a car driving on the wrong side outside a US military base RAF Croughton in Northamptonshire in August 2019.

The driver American Anne Sacoolas, whose husband Jonathan worked at the base, left the country a few weeks later after the US said she was entitled to diplomatic immunity.

Harry's devastated parents Charlotte Charles and Tim Dunn claim the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) wrongly decided Mrs Sacoolas had diplomatic immunity and unlawfully obstructed Northamptonshire Police's investigation.

The mum-of-three has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving and her lawyers say she accepts responsibility.

Harry's heartbroken family
(Image: Phil Harris/Daily Mirror)

Read More
Related Articles


  • Coronavirus briefing newsletter – a daily update with everything you need to know

Read More
Related Articles


  • Harry Dunn's twin wants face-to-face meet with Trump to get justice for brother

Harry’s family have fought to have Mrs Sacoolas brought back to the UK to face a jury but the previous Trump administration refused to extradite her.

She is now subject to an Interpol Red Notice, meaning she could be arrested if she leaves the country.

Lord Justice Flaux and Mr Justice Saini delivered their judgment remotely on Tuesday morning.

On the first anniversary of her son's death Ms Charles pleaded with Mrs Sacoolas to “do the right thing" and hand herself in.

Anne Sacoolas returned to the US claiming diplomatic immunity
(Image: Internet Unknown)

Charlotte Charles has pleaded with Mrs Sacoolas to “do the right thing"
(Image: Phil Harris/Daily Mirror)

Read More
Related Articles


  • Harry Dunn's mum begs 'end my torture' on anniversary of son's death

She said: “Just do the right thing and end my torture.

“Then you can move on with your life and we can start to rebuild ours.

“Set a good example to your children by picking up the phone and getting this sorted for your sake and ours.”

She added Mrs Sacoolas could do something else that may help.

“It’s never too late to reach out to say sorry," she said.

“If the apology was sincere, that one word would mean a huge amount to me."

You may also like...