Man who kidnapped and murdered ex after hiding in camouflage tent jailed for 25 years

Andrew Pearson kidnapped ex-girlfriend Natalie Harker and murdered her

Our free email newsletter sends you the biggest headlines from news, sport and showbiz

Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy noticeInvalid Email

A store worker who kidnapped and murdered his ex-girlfriend in a woodland hideout has been jailed for life.

Andrew Pearson will serve at least 25 years behind bars before he is considered for release.

The 45-year-old Pearson set up a camouflaged tent and lay in wait in the dark for Natalie Harker as she cycled to work roughly two months after they broke up.

Pearson is believed to have then dragged her to his camp where he stripped her naked.

At some point he had sex with her, although the jury at Teesside Crown Court heard it was unclear whether that happened when she was dead or alive.

Natalie Harker was on her way to work when she was attacked and killed by Andrew Pearson
(Image: PA)

Read More
Related Articles

  • Mum, 81, charged with killing her own son after fatal axe attack at their home

Read More
Related Articles

  • Police arrest 'cannibal' wanted for murder after bones of missing man found in park

A post mortem revealed she had died as a result of compression to the neck and immersion in water.

Witnesses had said Miss Harker had raised concerns about her former partner following her when she was going to and from work in the weeks leading up to her death.

Yesterday it took a jury less than two hours to find Pearson guilty of murder and kidnap of Miss Harker in October last year.

The court heard how after the killing Pearson called a friend in the USA after sending him a message admitting what he had done, he wrote "Goodbye, I have killed Natalie, I’m going to hand myself in."

It took a jury less than two hours to find Andrew Pearson guilty of murder and kidnap
(Image: North Yorkshire Police)

The court in Middlesbrough heard how Natalie’s dad reported her missing after the cleaner disappeared at around 4.30am while on her way to work at Catterick Health Centre on October 9 last year.

Alistair MacDonald, prosecuting, told the jury how Pearson’s mother Susan called  police roughly 12 hours later at 4.38pm told them that Ms Harker had slipped and fallen into the water.

Mr MacDonald said: "She went on to say that her son had pulled Natalie out of the river and had given her CPR but thought she was dead."

In the phone call, which was played to the jury, she said Pearson had been camping in the woods, he had tried to give her CPR and he had passed out.

The jury heard how Ms Harker had previously been in a relationship with Pearson, which lasted around 18 months.

You may also like...