Stabbing victim, 21, dies six months after attack as murder probe launched

A murder inquiry has been launched

Our free email newsletter sends you the biggest headlines from news, sport and showbiz

Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy noticeInvalid Email

A murder inquiry has been launched after a 21-year-old man died of a stab wound around six months after he was attacked.

Raheem Samuel complained of feeling unwell and had a cardiac arrest at his home in November last year.

He died in hospital three days later, Leicester Live reports.

It is believed the cardiac arrest was triggered by a stab wound to his back which he had sustained the previous April, Leicestershire Police said today.

The force said it launched a murder inquiry earlier this year after 'specialist medical inquiries' concluded his death had been caused by one of a number of stab wounds.

Today, officers appealed for help piecing together the circumstances which led to Mr Samuel being wounded.

Raheem Samuel died more than six months after he was stabbed

Read More
Related Articles


  • Pope Francis' Instagram account spotted liking stocking-clad model's racy photo

Read More
Related Articles


  • Woman self-conscious about way leg looked after cancer decides to get it amputated

Crimestoppers has offered a £10,000 reward for information which leads police to the person or people responsible for his death.

The force said it had good investigative reasons for the decision to keep the investigation out of the public domain until now.

It said officers spoke to Mr Samuel, who lived in the Humberstone Road area of the city, when he was first admitted to hospital in the early hours of Saturday, April 6 last year.

It said he did not provide any information about how he came to be injured or who was responsible.

However, he did volunteer that the incident had happened 'in town', which detectives believes refers to Leicester city centre.

He was discharged from hospital the following day.

The senior investigating officer, Detective Chief Inspector Tony Yarwood, of the East Midlands Special Operations Unit, (Emsou), said: “While I appreciate, it’s unusual to wait so long to publicly announce a murder investigation, going public sooner could have jeopardised those specific inquiries we wanted to carry out and our best chance at that time of finding out what happened to Raheem.

“Please be assured we have been doing everything we can to find the person or people responsible for Raheem’s death and that we continue to do everything we can to find answers for Raheem’s family.

"This has been a very challenging and complex case, but we continue to work to find out what happened on that night back in April 2019.

“Now that the operational inquiries mentioned have been completed, I am directly appealing to those people who know what happened to Raheem and who was responsible for his murder.

"I believe that there is someone out there who has information, crucial information, which could make a huge difference to our investigation.

“A lot can happen in the space of 18 months, alliances can change, maybe relationships have broken down and you don’t feel so obliged to withhold what you know.

"The possibility of £10,000, being offered by the independent charity Crimestoppers, could be reason for your decision to come forward now and more importantly help move us closer to providing the answers to Raheem’s family that they rightly deserve."

Read More
Related Articles


  • Get the day's biggest stories to your email – sign up for the Mirror newsletter

He added: "This month marks a year since his death which understandably is a difficult time for them and solving this crime could give them some much needed closure.

"Although it may be difficult for some to recall something so long ago, I would still like to take this opportunity to appeal to anyone who was perhaps making their way home across the city after a night out and may have witnessed Raheem being assaulted in the early hours of 6 April 2019 to speak to us.

"Perhaps you didn’t think much of it at the time, but the release of Raheem’s photo identifying him and the fact that his stabbing led to his death, may highlight the seriousness of what happened and may prompt you to contact us now."

Call police on 101.

You may also like...