Dad ‘allergic to electricity’ unable to play with kids for 4 years due to rare condition

Father-of-three Bruno Berrick said his allergy to electricity made him too weak to play with his children (Image: SWNS)

Our free email newsletter sends you the biggest headlines from news, sport and showbiz

Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy noticeInvalid Email

A man who was unable to play with his children for four years says electricity has been causing him extreme fatigue and weight loss.

Bruno Berrick, 48, says he, his partner and three daughters, had to move to a remote caravan in the middle of the countryside when he lost five stone and became so weak he couldn't do something as simple as reading a book.

Mr Berrick, a builder and greyhound trainer says he was a "normal guy" before he started suffering from fatigue four years ago, Leicestershire Live reports.

It took Mr Berrick years and £200,000 of travels to the US and Germany to realise he was suffering from a rare and controversial condition called Electrosensitivity.

The condition is also known as Electromagnetic hypersensitivity, Electrophobia, or Electromagnetic Field Intolerance Syndrome.

Mr Berrick had to spend £200,000 and travel to the US and Germany to figure out what was wrong with him
(Image: SWNS)

Mr Berrick and his partner of 11 years Lisa will now be living in a home designed to block out 5G and radio waves
(Image: Bruno Berrick / SWNS)

Read More
Related Articles


  • Schoolgirl swimmer, 12, is so allergic to water even a shower could kill her

While some experts say he is making it up, Mr Berrick and his partner of 11 years Lisa say it is all too real.

He said: "All these people are saying 'they’re idiots' and all that but I’m a normal lad. I was a builder – I’m not one of these to go off on one.

"I’m living proof of what it does to you.

“I've been seriously ill for about four years – nobody could find out what it was.

"I went to Harley street doctors, they didn't have a clue – they called me ‘the mystery man’.

The builder and greyhound trainer had lost five stone when he became ill four years ago
(Image: Bruno Berrick / SWNS)

Read More
Related Articles


  • Woman who refuses to use electricity almost killed after CANDLE sparks blaze in her wooden hut

"I went everywhere, spent about £200,000 trying to find out what was wrong with me.

"I didn’t know what it was, we had the internet in the house, wi-fi, a smart TV, all of this and I went to bones – I was a 15 stone, big , powerful builder and I went to 10 and a half stone.

"I was like a bag of bones. I was in bed for six months with chronic fatigue but nobody knew what it was.

"I had a clicking and popping sensation in my head when there was electricity on, and a burning face when I went outside."

Eventually, he started to find answers in the American west coast city of Seattle where he tested positive for pesticide poisoning.

The builder moved to a remote caravan in the Rutland to see if it helped
(Image: Bruno Berrick / SWNS)

He said: "In 2016 I got poisoned by pesticides because I lived next to a field that they were spraying, but nobody knew what it was.

"I ended up about a year and a half later having to go to America, Seattle in Washington and they found it in about two days.

"They sent a urine sample to Kansas and it came back and said I was full of pesticides.

"Basically, it stripped my immune system. It went down to nothing and I kept getting infection after infection and it's turned into this.

"Now, if I’m near a mobile phone I nearly collapse from the radiation from it."

Lisa added: "He sent us an EMF reader, he said go round the house and see where it gets the highest.

Mr Berrick is coating his bungalow with special paint which blocks out radio waves
(Image: SWNS)

The Berricks used an EMF reader to detect where electricity was highest in their home
(Image: SWNS)

"We went upstairs into our little girl’s room and it was getting higher and higher and we pointed it out the window and there was a phone mast in direct view of our bedroom window."

The couple tried moving into a caravan in a remote part of Rutland to escape the radiations. Six months later, Mr Berrick was "really starting to pick up", his partner said.

"He started to gain some weight and he was able to play with the kids again which he didn’t do in the whole four years at all, he couldn’t even read a book or anything," she said.

Mr Berrick is now building himself a low-tech shelter where he can stay while his family keeps the heating and lights on
(Image: SWNS)

When the couple moved back they set their sights on their new home in the small town of Rothwell in Northamptonshire, which has been coated with electricity-proof paint to block out 5G and radio waves.

Mr Berrick is also building a separate, low-tech shelter for himself where he plans to spend the rest of the winter so his family can keep the heating on.

He said: "I've come here, put a stone and a half on – 20lb in four months. I can’t have the electric on: no lights, no heating, no TV, nothing.

"If I do, my eyes go black within ten minutes, my eyes sink into the back of my head and I look about 10 years older.

"When we used to live next to a phone tower and I was shaking physically and trembling inside.

"When I stay in this house I’m an absolutely normal man."

His partner added: "He cannot leave the house because people are walking around with phones all the time and within five minutes of him walking past them he will be seriously paralysed.

"It’s hard for people to get their head round it, but when you’ve lived with it for four years its absolute hell really.

"You know what it's like these days, it's technology-crazy."

You may also like...