Ant and Dec’s live TV comeback plan in two weeks’ time have been plunged into doubt.
The Geordie duo have been off our screens since March 2018 after Ant McPartlin, 43, took time off following his arrest for drink driving.
However, the pair are due to get back together in 2019, with their first public joint appearance said to have been scheduled for the National Television Awards on January 22.
The pair have won Best Presenter at the NTAs for the last 17 years and the Daily Star claims the pair were due to be on the red carpet for this year’s awards.
However, those plans are said to be in doubt due to Simon Cowell double-booking them for a recording of Britain’s Got Talent auditions on the same night.
Holly Willoughby stepped into Ant’s shoes on I’m A Celebrity last month
- Ant and Dec tipped to battle Holly Willoughby for Best Presenter at NTAs
A spokesman for the pair refused to confirm or deny the story, only saying: "We will let people know what Ant and Dec’s plans are once it’s decided."
Holly Willoughby replaced Ant on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! and helped catapult the show to record ratings, presenting the 18th series alongside Dec.
This Morning presenter Holly, 37, was declared a “perfect fit” for the job due to her long-standing friendship with both Ant and Dec.
Now bookies are tipping the This Morning host to beat the Geordie duo at the NTAs. Her odds have been slashed to 5-2 by Betway, with her closest rival Phillip Schofield at 8-1.
The shortlist of NTA nominations is due to be revealed this week.
The longlist features Dara Ó Briain, Gary Lineker, Davina McCall, Sandi Toksvig, Keith Lemon, Matt Baker, Noel Fielding, Michael McIntyre, Harry Hill and Piers Morgan.
Showbiz and TV editor’s picks
Olivia Colman’s Globe speech
WWTBAM loses £93k after audience error
Idris fuels Bond rumours
Kendall’s raw story revealed