Riverdale season 3 has been dominated by some huge storylines, from Archie’s legal issues, to the deadly Gryphons and Gargoyles game, and the deadly Gargoyle King.
While it seems some of these tales are winding down, many are just getting going, but how long can we expect season 3 to be?
The first season, dominated by Jason Blossom’s murder, ran for only 13 episodes, before season 2 ran for a much lengthier 22 episodes, covering a number of mysteries from the Black Hood to Betty’s "long-lost brother" Chic.
Season 3 arrived on our screens in mid October, with a big build up to the Christmas break.
But when does the break begin and how many episodes remain before we are left anticipating the show’s return?
How many episodes are in Riverdale season 3?
We currently do not have a confirmed episode count for the third season, but we suspect it will be closer to the season 2 length of 22 episodes.
The midseason finale is episode 8 of the current run, meaning only two episodes remain before the Christmas break.
The episodes confirmed before the end of midseason are as follows.
- Episode 1. Chapter Thirty-Six: Labor Day
- Episode 2. Chapter Thirty-Seven: Fortune and Men’s Eyes
- Episode 3. Chapter Thirty-Eight: As Above, So Below
- Episode 4. Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Midnight Club
- Episode 5. Chapter Forty: The Great Escape
- Episode 6. Chapter Forty-One: Manhunter
- Episode 7. Chapter Forty-Two: The Man in Black
- Episode 8. Chapter Forty-Three: Outbreak
Outbreak will be the dramatic midseason finale on December 13 in the UK, before the series returns after Christmas on January 17, 2019 with the ninth episode.
- Episode 9. Chapter Forty-Four: No Exit
We will have to wait and see how many episodes we will get in the second batch of episodes.
Riverdale season 3
Latest episode recao
Next episode on
Season 3 guide
Gargoyle King theories
Riverdale drops weekly on Netflix in the UK.