X Factor’s Anthony Russell has broken his silence after he was accused of bombarding a young mum with sexual images and texts against her will.
As the Sunday People reported today, the singer sent a string of lewd messages, pornographic pictures and X-rated videos to a 28-year-old woman – even though she told him to leave her alone on numerous occasions.
Worried that her young children could accidentally view the x-rated chats, the unnamed mum told Anthony on at least three occasions to stop sending the reams of messages.
And while he apologised to the newspaper, Anthony was back to business as usual this morning as he took to Twitter to beg viewers to keep him in the talent competition.
- X Factor’s Anthony Russell bombarded young mum with unwanted sex texts and videos
Anthony ignored the sexting scandal as he filmed a video with his mentor Louis
He thanked the X Factor judge for ‘saving my life’
Sharing a video he’d taken with X Factor mentor Louis Tomlinson standing by him, Anthony told his followers: "We smashed it last night champs."
"Alright, I’m aware of this fella here man, he saved me life and plus he let me sing me song," he said into the camera, referring to Louis’ generosity in sending him to an expensive rehab centre last year when he was forced to drop out of The X Factor 2017 over a drugs row.
"You’ve seen us today on the audition and that, he let me meet [Wayne] Rooney and it’s great being on Team LT [Louis Tomlinson]."
- Coke addict Mel B attempted suicide days before X Factor 2014 finale
Anthony made no reference to the reams of x-rated messages he’d sent a mum
In what could be construed as a fairly blatant way to cover up the sex pest claims, Anthony then begged his followers to save him in tonight’s X Factor results show.
"I wanna stay, man, I wanna stay for you. Without youse, especially this man, I would be nowhere in life."
Grabbing co-star Brendan Murray for a hug, Anthony then said: "Brendan, dance champion! I love this kid’s voice."
He then pulled Louis back towards him and told the camera: "And we got this fella here, big bro man. God bless you, thank you."
- X Factor bosses fear Cheryl’s return will be ‘too sexy for family viewing’
One of the x-rated images Anthony sent the unnamed mum, despite her telling him to stop
(Image: Sunday Mirror)
The woman begged him not to send any more pictures and was worried her young children would see something inappropriate
(Image: Sunday Mirror)
Anthony panned the camera around to two unidentified X Factor staff hanging out in the corridor with him, joking, "This is me management here, so ladies, stay away ladies" as Louis laughed out loud.
The X Factor has not removed Anthony from the talent show in the wake of his unwanted sexting scandal, but may well be voted out in tonight’s show.
Speaking to the Sunday People last night, the singer said: "I’m sorry if I’ve upset her or caused any offence, that was obviously never my intention."
And, in a statement released through an X Factor spokeswoman, Anthony added: "Myself and this girl have known each other since we were at school 20 years ago.
"We got back in touch and both exchanged mobile phone messages over the summer and I had dinner with her at her house in September. I’m sorry if I’ve upset her or caused any offence, that was obviously never my intention. We were last in contact last month and everything was friendly then."
*The X Factor continues tonight at 8pm on ITV